Sales Team Manager
The Sales Team Manager will be responsible for leading the team of sales and sales support engineers in selling products and services into new and existing customer base. This role will need to lead and apply principles of solution selling: determine customer needs and problems, propose appropriate product and service solutions, and manage the sales process from lead generation through to close. The Sales Team Manager is considered our “eyes and ears” through the sales process and will be communicating extensively with partners and clients with occasional travel for trade shows to meet and to meet partners and clients in person.
You will have the opportunity to work among some of the brightest, most sincere and enjoyable clients, partners, and highly adaptive team members. Our vision and our clientele are global and we recognize that we need to provide the tools for our team to respond to client requests 24 x 7. Based at our Redmond, Washington head office, you will have access to our internal collaboration tools as well as real-time access the team members who can assist in addressing prospects needs, clients questions, and fielding technical requirements. We also recognize the need to adapt to market conditions and expect all team members to help Identify customer pain points, create effective customer solutions, and help develop use cases that explain the problems to our technical teams.
XKL LLC continues grow and expand its family of optical transport solutions for private/public cloud solutions, data center networks, internet exchanges, campus/metro networks, and long-haul networks. Now, we need you to help us grow to the next level, with new innovative solutions, wider telecommunications audience, and more visibility through international trade shows, committees, and professional telecommunication councils.
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to
- Lead, coach and educate the sales team to optimal performance
- Lead the sales process through the sales cycle from initial inbound/outbound opportunity to delivering solutions
- Drive prospecting activities to uncover new opportunities and grow pipeline
- Uncover unmet customer needs and incorporate customer feedback to drive better overall product experience
- Manage an assigned list of existing clients, inquiries, solutions requirements and identifying new sales opportunities
- Increase the effectiveness of our tools and communication channels by recognizing opportunities for innovation and proactively implementing new systems and processes
- Work with cross-functional counterparts to improve the product’s vision and drive growth initiatives
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Excellent organizational skills, demonstrating the ability to manage leads, prospects and current customers with follow-through on all interactions.
- General understanding of optical networking and the telecommunications industry.
- Vibrant, energetic attitude, with drive and a willingness to perform.
- Possess the ability to build strong trusting and productive relationships.
- Able to bring a strong work ethic; take initiative and think creatively to get the job done
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to coordinate with the sales and engineering teams to respond effectively to RFP’s/RFQ’s
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business or sales management
- 10+ years of experience within the telecommunication or high-tech industry.
- 7-10 years of demonstrated experience managing complex sales cycles while consistently meeting and exceeding quota.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, possessing the ability to maintain control of communication length and direction and articulate under pressure
- Be required to travel nationally and Internationally to industry events, conferences and trade shows and, to visit customers as required to close sales.
XKL, LLC provides equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis protected by state or federal law.