As Account Executive and a member of the XKL Sales team, your focus will be to develop new business for XKL’s family of optical networking products. You need to be comfortable cold calling potential accounts, engage client stake holders, discover customer needs, follow through, and follow up and document your activities along the way. Together with sales engineer and XKL staff, you will propose appropriate product and services solutions, and own the sales process from initial contact to close. You should have the ability and desire to network in order to develop strong and professional bonds with your targets, as well as with the rest of the team that will work in parallel from the Redmond office. Expect some business travel to meet prospective clients, and occasionally for trade shows where your main tasks will be to discover new opportunities.
The successful candidate will have five or more years of experience selling complex technical solutions in the telecom or datacom industry. You have overcome obstacles and innovated how to best meet clients’ demands while focusing on customer satisfaction as well equally on the bottom line.
To excel in position, you need to be a driven sales executive with a track record of closing complex technology deals, you need to be a good communicator (externally as well as internally). You are familiar with standard office applications and CRM systems.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify and qualify new customer or partner leads.
- Research and contact prospective clients
- Explain and sell products and services, collect payments
- Develop and build relationships with clients and associated individuals
- Educate clients and provide product expertise in a wide range of situations
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5 to 10 years of experience within the telecommunication or datacom industry
- Ability to follow up and close in a structured way
- Excellent organizational skills
- General understanding of optical networking
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain professional business relationships with potential customers and peers
Normal working hours